Adopting a dog is a lifetime commitment. RezQ Dogs is dedicated to helping unwanted dogs find appropriate, forever homes.
If you would like to apply to adopt a dog, please review our adoption policies below. You may apply for a specific dog or for pre-approval to adopt.
RezQ Dogs' Adoption Policy
1) All of the dogs (and cats) adopted from RezQ Dogs are spayed/neutered, up to date on age appropriate vaccinations, de-wormed, and microchipped prior to adoption. Many of the dogs also received additional veterinary care if needed.
2) RezQ Dogs houses its dogs in private foster homes and at our facility which is open by appointment only. We do require an approved application on file prior to scheduling a meet and greet with the dog. At that point, the adopters can take the dog home.
3) Adoption fees are as follows:
$150 for dogs over 1 year of age
$200 for dogs under 1 year of age
$75 for cats
4) While RezQ Dogs does allow out of state adoptions, we do limit the distance between the potential adopters and our location in Havre, MT, to within a 12 hour drive.
5) Due to our limited staff and volunteers, RezQ Dogs is unable to transport dogs to their forever homes or meet adopters part way. RezQ Dogs does not ship dogs via airlines or ground transportation. We ask the adopters to meet the dogs in person prior to adoption rather than having someone pick up the dog for them in order to ensure the right fit for both humans and dogs.
6) Please fill out our adoption application. You can fill out our online form HERE. Please make sure your application is complete and all of the phone numbers are provided as INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered. You will not be contacted if any information on the application is missing. We simply lack the manpower and time to track down the information we ask for in the first place.
7) RezQ Dogs makes every effort to reply to adoption inquiries and process applications within 1 week of receiving them.